Friday, April 24, 2009















My very first blog entry!!!! This is seriously the first thing that I have been excited enough about to get me motivated to start my blog. 
 
Every Saturday morning growing up my dad would take me and my sisters up to Alta to go skiing. I loved loved loved it! Once I grew up and was out of the house I went a couple of years without going at all because it was sooo expensive and I didnt have dad paying for it anymore. lol! A couple of years ago Matt talked me into starting up again but this time snowboarding instead skiing. I have to send a shout out to my dad for making us learn when we were little because without the experience I gained from skiing, and the lack of fear I have of flying down a steep mountain side, I dont know that I would have tried snowboarding at all...SO THANK YOU DAD!

Turns out it is my new favorite hobby and I am soooo bummed that winter is over. Luckily SnowBird is open for a few more weeks so we get to go a couple more times. :) 

I have two bits of Advice to anyone wanting to learn. Fist, give it three full days before you give up. Second, dont learn from your spouse :) lol! I am serious about not learning from your spouse. Matt was able to eventually teach me but I was very stubborn with him and wanted to thrown him off a cliff numerous times throughout the day. :)

Here are some pics from our last couple of trips up at Sno Basin and Brighton. 






3 comments:

Rachel said...

yay!!!!! A blog post!!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement. Keep it up! (:

Stacie said...

Finally!!!!! Some posting. Thanks for the tips and nice shout out to your Dad. You guys will need to teach us next :)

Barbara said...

I am so thrilled you posted. Don't worry you will catch on. I think we are all learning! I know I am.